Monday, April 11, 2011

Book Themed Books

I found a niche in my reading.  I tend to enjoy books about books.  My students think I'm addicted to reading, devouring books whenever I get a free moment, and they're right, I know, but I can think of worse obsessions.  So, here's a list of some novels I've read and plan to read, all with the twist that at the center of their literary plots, there's a book or bookstore or bookclub... gotta love it!

1.  The Shadow of the Wind (Carlos Ruiz Zafon)  ***** 5
2.  The Angel’s Game (Carlos Ruiz Zafon)  ***** 5
3.  The Book Thief (Markus Zusak)  ***** 5
4.  The Thirteenth Tale (Diane Setterfield)  **** 4
5.  The Dante Club (Matthew Pearl)  *** 3
6.  The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows)  *** 3
7.  The History of Love (Nicole Krauss)  *** 3
8.  The Club Dumas (Arturo Perez-Reverte)  ** 2
9.  The Book of Lies (Brad Meltzer)  ** 2


On my shelf:  The Book of Air and Shadows (Michael Gruber), The 351 Books of Irma Arcuri (David Bajo), The Secret of Lost Things (Sheridan Hay), The Jane Austen Book Club (Karen Joy Fowler)


ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS??  IF YOU DO, PLEASE COMMENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment